With that said, I wish to share just a few things my wife and I are teaching our boys as it relates to the direction that our country is moving today:
As my wife and I are white parents of mixed race sons, one being a handsome and beautiful "brown" boy,
- We ARE raising our sons to love all people as God loves people!
- We ARE teaching them that God created all people in His image and all people should be respected and loved no matter how different they are from us and that includes black, brown, white, yellow, green, purple, male, female, gay, or straight....it doesn't matter...you love people and hate sin!
- We ARE raising them to pursue a path of peace as the Bible commands.
- We ARE teaching them that people like Martin Luther King are people who also followed God's word when it comes to how to relate to fellow human beings.
- We ARE teaching them that murder in any form from shootings [except in self defense] to abortion goes against God's commands.
- We ARE teaching them that people's actions are the true test of what's in their hearts not their words. Actions speak LOUDER than words!
- We ARE teaching them to RESPECT and OBEY those who have authority over them [including officers of the law] unless they command us to break God's laws.
- Finally, we ARE teaching them to love their country, to honor and respect our flag and to say the pledge and sing our national anthem!
- Any action or word from any individual or group that is contrary to God's commands is WRONG.